It’s Friday! Time for some reflection!
1. I’m struggling. There, I said it. Work changes have me a little frantic from 8-5, M-F. At home, there’s the mini-vacation last weekend/early this week (and all the packing) plus my husband going out of town soon plus the usual (endless) chores and errands just to keep things running. Add in some teething (2-year molars, I hate you!) and a few colds (is it that time of year again so soon?) just to keep things interesting, and this is my life in a nutshell.
2. I was away at the shore for 5 days. I came back to 300 blog posts in my reader, 60 spam comments, a few hundred emails, and several Facebook messages to respond to. And that’s not including work stuff.
3. I’m still catching up. I barely have time, though. I’m drowning in it.
4. The thing is, I really miss tweeting with my favorites (and I hope they know this). I wish I had time to watch my friend’s first vlog. I want to meet up with some girlfriends for coffee or wine. There are even a few movies I want to see and too many shows piling up on my DVR. I crave some downtime. And yes, I realize I just had some, at the beach, for 5 days.
5. But it’s not enough. Greedy? Yeah, maybe. But this being a working mother thing is damn hard. There’s not enough time in the day for everything I’m trying to juggle. I need an 8th day in my week. A day just for me to chat online, read blogs, grab a bottle of wine with friends, soak in a bubble bath, you name it.
6. I’m going to start a petition to get an 8th day. Just as soon as I can find the time…
Thanks to Rachana’s post today on Life with Baby Donut, I
read devoured this post on Mama’s Monologues and want to share it with you. It perfectly, eloquently expresses what I’m feeling. Go read it!