Ugh, Monday. Again.
Wait, let’s start out a little more optimistically, shall we?
It’s Monday again! Which means a new week, with new things to celebrate, right here on this blog hop. Monday means it’s time to link up again & celebrate the little victories and successes that help carry us through the rest of the week! (I’ll leave the blog hop open until Friday.)
I hope you’ll join me again to focus on the things we should be patting ourselves on the back for, the little confidence builders–an exercise in self-appreciation, self-kindness, and self-care. Let’s hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and, as my friend Kathy eloquently wrote in the post she linked last week, “develop a nice storehouse of positive feelings and emotions to draw upon, build a foundation of positivity inside of us, give that positivity some ballast against the negativity that can be so overwhelming!”
So here’s what I’m doing right!
- When I saw an insensitive and offensive status update on Facebook this morning, I talked myself out of responding while I was angry and upset about it. I am going to think hard about what the right thing to do (for me) is in this case. Maybe it’s doing nothing. It isn’t reacting while I’m heated up, that’s for sure.
- I’m limiting my snacks to one cookie today. We celebrate birthdays in the office, and today someone brought in huge, homemade chocolate chip cookies–a weakness of mine. The cookies sit right by my cubicle–I can even smell them. It is very hard to not go back for another cookie. A true test of my willpower. But I got this!
- I peeled a clementine for Jax this morning, rather than sending it unpeeled to daycare for his teacher to do or sending a Pop-Tart or other breakfast devoid of nutrition. And? I packed an extra one for his best friend (also peeled) and one for myself, too!
- I will ignore how sore my leg muscles are (ouch!) and continue the Couch to 5K program I started this weekend, even though I’m not confident I will ever enjoy running. Or jogging. Whatever it is that I’m actually doing…
- I finally cleaned my house yesterday. It was long overdue, but it felt great. I even moved the area rug and couches in the living room! No more dust bunnies sticking to my feet!