I have a confession to make: I am a Ziploc-aholic. Yes, I know how wasteful it is to use disposable baggies, and plastic ones at that! Actually, they’re made from polyethylene plastic resin–doesn’t that sound like something you’d want to store food in?! But I have continued to use them over reusable containers because they’re flexible–meaning they can be crammed into Jackson’s overstuffed Spider-Man lunch bag.
Until today. This morning, with the hope of overcoming my Ziploc addiction and decreasing my carbon footprint a smidge, I ordered two sets of snack bags from my friend Kristina’s shop, Sew Curly. My order totaled a mere $12, including shipping and embroidery–what I’d spend on 3 boxes of Ziplocs (which wouldn’t last me very long). Sew Curly snack bags are reusable, made from machine-washable 100% cotton, with a velcro closure easy enough for kids to open and close. And if you’re into cuteness, you’re in luck, because the bags come in a variety of adorable patterns. I chose the Space pattern for Jax because he’s obsessed with anything to do with space. He’s more likely to eat veggies if they come inside one of these bags, I bet!
My favorite thing about the snack bags is that most of them can be embroidered. I’m having my kiddo’s name embroidered on his bags. This means no more clear Ziploc (read: boring) baggies with “Jax” written across them in Sharpie as I nervously fret about whether the ink will seep into his snack!
Bad momma, I know. But I’m changing my ways, I swear!
So let the second blogiversary celebration continue today with an offer from Sew Curly. First up, we have a 20% off coupon code that is good until midnight on Sunday, September 30: Use the code “Jax” at checkout. In addition, one of you commenters will win a set of two snack bags.
There are 5 ways to enter this contest; choose 1 or choose all 5 to increase your odds of winning! Each comment is an entry.
1) Visit the Sew Curly shop and take a look around. Then come back here & leave a comment below sharing your favorite snack bag pattern.
2) Follow @SewCurlyK on Twitter and leave a comment telling me you’ve done so, including your Twitter name.
3) Follow @jamesandjax on Twitter and leave a comment telling me you’ve done so, including your Twitter name.
4) Tweet something about this contest, including a link to this post and mentioning @jamesandjax and @SewCurlyK. Comment below with the URL of your tweet.
5) Subscribe to James & Jax and then leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
One winner will be selected randomly via random.org on Friday, September 28 and notified via e-mail. Winner will receive two snack bags from Sew Curly in the pattern of choice. Contest open to all U.S. and Canadian residents. I received no compensation for hosting this giveaway.
When you’re done, why not head over to yesterday’s 2 giveaways? And stop back tomorrow for the fourth & final giveaway.