I’ve been tagged by my awesome friend Story Girl to respond to her 11 questions. I have to admit I’m kind of a junkie for surveys (remember Myspace surveys?!), so here goes:
1. Why do you blog? What inspired you to start?
I blog because I can’t not blog. If you blog, you probably totally understand what I mean. I’ve been writing something or another since I was 8 years old. Blogging was the next logical step for me, and as I recovered from postpartum depression and anxiety, I found it to be a helpful tool and a great way to meet other women experiencing the same thing as me.
2. What are you proudest of in your life right now?
My son, Jax. He makes me proud every day. He is always learning, unafraid, kind, and gentle. I’m also proud that I’ve stuck with blogging for a year and a half and am still enjoying it.
3. What trait do you admire most in others? Why?
I admire compassion. I admire when someone is not afraid to express compassion and kindness. I appreciate that more than anything. Second up is I admire those who are not judgmental. Or who know how to keep it to themselves if they are!
4. If you could meet one “big” or “famous” blogger in real life, who would it be?
Honestly, I’d rather meet the not-so-big bloggers I’ve gotten to know online. I’m dying to meet some of my #ppdchat pals. So far, I’ve met only Katherine Stone–and as she can tell you, I was starstruck!
I’m going to BlogHer ’12 in August, and I’m already making a mental list of bloggers to try to meet up with there. (So make sure you let me know if you’re going, too!) Can’t wait!
5. How do you balance blogging and social media with the rest of your life?
Ahh, that ever-elusive balance. I could write a whole post in response to this question alone! In short, though, I have a smartphone, which allows me to spend a minute here & there (red lights, I admit, or waiting in line for something, for example) checking in with my Twitter & Facebook friends. I take 1-minute breaks occasionally throughout the day to check in. That’s all I need.
6. What is the biggest source of support in your life? How did you find it?
The women I’ve met online through the #ppdchat are the most supportive group of women in the world, I swear. I’m so fortunate to have connected with some of them. They are always there–even at 3 in the morning–when I need them. Also? My mom.
7. When you were a kid, what did you say you wanted to be when you grew up?
I always wanted to be a teacher and/or a writer. As in a novelist. I guess I still aspire to be both of those things at some point in my life. In some ways, I suppose I already am. I mean, every mother is a teacher, right? And blogging is not novel writing, but it is writing.
8. What would you do for fun or self care, if you could do anything you wanted?
Soak in a bubble bath with a glass of wine and a good book. Or shopping–with someone else’s money.
9. If you could bring just one book with you to a desert island, what book would it be?
Probably The Art of Happiness, by the Dalai Lama. That book has taught me so much.
10. Do you prefer cake or pie?
Can I get a scoop of ice cream on top of my pie? If so, that wins, hands down.
11. What is your favorite word? Why?
Ooh, this is a toughie! I guess right now it’s “yes!” But only the way Jax says it. You really have to hear him say yes. It’s the cutest thing in the world.
You must post these rules.
Each person must post 11 things about herself on his/her blog.
Answer the questions the “tagger” listed for you in her post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
You must choose 11 people to tag and link to them in the post.
Go to each blogger’s page and mention that you have tagged him/her.
So, here are my 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite quote?
2. What is your favorite blog & what do you love about it?
3. Have you attended a blogging conference? If so, any advice for newbies? If not, is there one you’d love to check out?
4. Whatcha wearin?
5. Describe a typical day in your life.
6. Describe your ideal day.
7. How many blogs do you read or subscribe to?
8. Do you have goals for your blog? If so, what is one?
9. What are your blog-related pet peeves?
10. How often do you check your stats? Be honest!
11. What’s the strangest object in your purse?
And here are the 11 people I’m tagging, in totally random order:
A’Driane from Butterfly Confessions
Kat from Living Like the Kings
Jess from Straight Talk Jess
Beth Anne/BA/Blair from Heir to Blair
Charity from Our Giggles and Grimaces
Tina from Life Without Pink
Erica from Mommy’s Fabulous
Melanie from Baconseed
Dacia from ThirtyfourandfFabulous
Janine from Alternative Housewife
Now, GO! I can’t wait to read your responses and comments!