Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
~ Henry Ford
I issue a challenge to all my readers today: Name 5 things you’d like to learn in the next year.
Coming up with a few of my own was easy. Limiting them to only 5 was a challenge. In no particular order, here they are:
1. To play guitar. Especially so I can play Elliott Smith songs. Some consider them depressing, but I say they’re soothing. He’s my favorite musician, and it saddens me that he is dead.
2. To wait patiently. Having a child has helped my patience tremendously, but I have a long way to go before I ever will call myself a “patient” person.
3. To let go of anger before it ruins my mood (and possibly the moods of those around me).
4. To be a better wife. I suspect that I forgot a few of the tips & tricks when I added the role of mother to my resume. I’m a kick-ass momma, but a so-so wife most days.
5. To be a better blogger. One of the things I love most about blogging is that it forces me to keep learning. I swear, every week I’ve learned about something I never even knew existed, thanks to blogging and the fantastic & supportive bloggers I’ve befriended on various social media. But there is so much room for improving both James & Jax and my writing, and I’m excited to grow.
Ok, now it’s your turn to dish. What are your 5?