Linking up with Rach again! I really love this blog hop & would love to read what you’ve learned this week, so please consider playing along!
1. I can’t prepare for everything. In the past week and a half, we’ve been hit with tornado warnings, a hurricane, and an earthquake. I’ve done my best to prepare however possible, but I know I would fall short if ever there were a true emergency, especially if it lasts longer than the jugs of water & flashlight batteries I’ve stockpiled do.
2. As if preparing for natural disasters isn’t enough on my plate, I have to prepare (pack) for our 5-day mini-vacation at the beach, which begins
not soon enough tomorrow. I haven’t traveled with Jax yet, so I’m kind of reeling from the enormity of this task. What does a harried mother with very little time to pack throw in a suitcase for a toddler for 5 days? How will I keep him entertained at a non-baby-proofed shore house for that long? Do I FedEx the toys there, or can I possibly cram them all in my little car?
3. I’d better enjoy the vacay (do you hear me, Mother Nature???), because as soon as I get back to work on Thursday, shit gets serious again fast. My assistant has accepted a promotion, meaning we will no longer be working together in a few weeks. I’m ecstatic for her (it was time for her to move on up), but I’m groaning on the inside–this means weeks of interviews, then months of training. Ouch. And I have a work trip later this month–during a weekend. Double ouch.
4. I’ve done exceptionally well, if I must say so myself (and that seems to be the case), juggling being a toddler’s mom and a working gal. Yes, it’s insane at times, with the packing multiple lunches every morning, finding time to do errands and chores and still play with the boy and have time leftover for self-care, and the working momma guilt (especially when daycare dropoffs produce rivers of tears). But I’ve handled it well, for the most part. I think I’ve managed to be
good enough awesome in all of my roles–mommy, employee, wife. Well, that wife one is up for debate. Sorry, dear.
5. Til this week. This week is killing me. Maybe it’s because I’ve had tremendous stress the past few weeks (see #1 above. and #2. and #3.) and very little time for bubble baths. My muscles are tense. My neck aches. So does my head. My sleep has been erratic, and I’ve had many weird dreams. To top it all off, Jackson’s sleep has also been erratic (awesome one night, awful the next) and he’s teething. “Those 2-year molars are coming in, baby! Brace yourself!” is what the Universe has been screaming at me all week. Teething = poor sleep = crankiness = clinginess = wanting to nurse like crazy = CRANKY MOMMA IN DESPERATE NEED OF A BUBBLE BATH & A BUCKET OF WINE. And it doesn’t help that I haven’t had as much time as I’d like to connect with my bloggy besties online. You girls keep me sane & I miss reading your blogs, commenting, and tweeting.
6. Thank goodness for lunch breaks. There is a park 5 minutes from my work. I have a Kindle. You do the math.
And on that note, I’m out. It’s time to cram in 20 minutes of relaxation at the park.
Note: As I’ve mentioned 1,394 times in the past week or so, I’ll be on vacation for the next few days. But no worries–I’ve lined up a few special guests to keep you entertained while I’m away. Hope you enjoy your weekend!