It’s World Breastfeeding Week! World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated in over 170 countries! I am so excited about this year’s World Breastfeeding Week, probably because it might be my final one during which I’m actually nursing. Given Jax’s sleep issues, who knows whether there will be any more babies for me. I need some amazing sleep for a few years first! (And then, I might not want to give that up for a newborn!)
There are a few things you can do to participate in World Breastfeeding Week. Here is what I’m doing:
- If Jax cooperates, we’ll be part of the “Big Latch On” in our area. Find out more here, and find out where to participate here.
- Making this post part of the Life with Levi breastfeeding blog hop.
- Blog hopping over at the Natural Parents Network, too!
You can, too — link up your breastfeeding posts from August 1-7 in the linky below, and enjoy reading, commenting on, and sharing the posts collected here and on Natural Parents Network. (Visit NPN for the code to place on your blog.)
Here are a few other ideas:
- Attend a La Leche League meeting. My local LLL meets this Wednesday, but because I missed 1.5 days of work last week due to being sick & being sleep deprived, I have to skip this one. I’m pretty sad about it. Go in my honor!
- Nurse in public. Or at least smile at anyone you see nursing in public.
- Check in on a new mom to see how breastfeeding is going and offer up your best tips.
- Donate some pumped milk if you have any to spare or can pump a little extra.
- Even if you’re not breastfeeding, you can be supportive of breastfeeding families you know. Get creative in doing this. Support can mean giving a hug or making a phone call or dropping off a box of Mothers’ Milk Tea or anything you want!
What are some other things we can do to spread awareness and celebrate breastfeeding? How are you celebrating breastfeeding this week?